Sunday, October 24, 2010

book review of "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen

"Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen combines extreme athleticism...(climbing the Himalaya mountains ...) with passionate idealism.. " Mortensen pulled together the most overachieving and most underqualified staff of the world" to construct his school and teach the children of Pakistan
and Afghanistan who lived in his village.
There are many surprises: a local leader Changazi decides to move all of the school supplies to his own village of Korphe. He claimed that Skardu was "too dirty!"This village was a long hike (114 kilometers) from his village; and yet Mortensen has little choice but to reclaim his goods there.
I hope you enjoy this book....comments...?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great book. He has a follow up to Three Cups of Tea; Stones to Schools. There amoung the books soldiers deploying are required to read.

Lori said...

I have never read this. It sounds very interesting.

Joann said...

Hi Natalie,

Reading your post about the 'Three Cups of Tea'. You know, I have this book, bought it to read, but have NOT done so yet.... I study alot, and have other committments right now, but I do want to read it eventually. So I'm glad to see that you posted on it, and that you liked the book.... well, I'm assuming you did if you posted about it... LOL!!! Take Care, Nat!!

Jeanie said...

I must look this book up as it sounds like 'my cup of tea' if you will pardon the pun! lol
Jeanie